Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Time vs Moments

Ola guys! :D how’s life on your side?

My life? It has been… okay. :P I am still capable of smiling and laughing and writing my feelings out… Yes, I have some stuffs going on in my mind but I’ll figure them out ;)

So! The topic of this post is : WAKE UP! TIME FLIES!
Why I choose this topic? Well, things in my own life have been going fast lately. Once I was enjoying a day in Paris, and suddenly it has been 2 months ago! It felt like I turned 19 a week ago, while in fact I am going to enter the 20s world in about 5 months! I still can remember the departure day in the Soekarno-Hatta airport (Indonesia) in details, and without I’m realizing it I have left home for 8 months. WOW. Ok, that’s a WOW for me. I don’t know for you guys, but I feel time flies fast. And moments keep changing to be treasured.

Yesterday I had a nice quality chit-chat time with my besties, Vini and Alda. We talked about how things going on in our life and also with others’. We heard about a great news : one of our friends is engaged! :) congratulation to youuuu! :D
Well, we are so thrilled to hear that yet at the same time agazed. She’s a bit older than me, and she’s engaged already. Another WOW for me :P It feels like : HEY WAKE UP MONICA! YOU ARE ENTERING A MATURE WORLD NOW!

It’s not the “being engaged” part that surprised us(well yes, but not totally). But it was how time flies so fast. We are now dealing with more complex problems, more responsibilities, more gambling in risks. Those things ask us to be more though, rational, and also brave. Overall, we need to be more mature. We can’t hide no more behind our parents’ backs, under the bed, or just change schools to run from things going on in our lives. We need to face them.
Ok, I am not trying to look that brave, because I am not. I am still afraid and confused of how should I deal with the new things come in my path of life. But all I know is I have to try and survive. OH! And… in my opinion, “masks” will always be part of our life. Masks here means you don’t always show what you feel or what you think to everybody. Fake smiles fake faces do exist. Not because you are trying to be someone else to impress the others, but it’s because you need to survive. Sure you can show the real you to the closest people you have, but maybe not to everybody. I have a thought that since we were kids, we are taught about these masks. How? From culture, public opinion, what is rude and what is not, what is appropriate and what is not. As one of my favourite quotes states : One of the things about being a grown-up is learning how to act right even when you feel wrong. ~ Sean Stewart, Perfect Circle, 2004

OKKKKK… I am being absurd here talking crap :P

Anyway, just random thoughts : have u ever imagined how will you tell your parents if you are engaged? :P

I wrote this post because I am actually worried. I am worried about how time flies so fast and things change rapidly. I am afraid. Of losing things. Of losing moments. But well, the life has to keep going right? ;)

All I can say is, let us treasure the moments we have. Do or tell people before it is too late and we’ll feel sorry. Take lessons from what happened with us or surround us. Keep them in our heart. And then we still face the life and go on :)

Anyway, here is the quote of the day for me :
“Let the wind shows me the bright side of this life, until I find my way to get over you anyway”

Take care everybody,
caocao

No comments:

Post a Comment